Apply Now | Back to Jobs
Net Driven is a subsidiary of Internet Brands who is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce websites in the automotive, careers, home, money and business, shopping, and travel and leisure categories to work. With a flexible and scalable platform, Internet Brands operates a rapidly growing network of websites that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities and make informed purchasing decisions.
Internet Brands' sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards.
We’re looking for a motivated individual with Quality Assurance knowledge to join the QA team for one of our automotive brands, Net Driven. This individual will be responsible for testing features within existing software modules and providing support for future software projects. It will be expected to work directly with project stakeholders to plan and execute test efforts for different products, and to help coordinate testing between QA resources on multiple continents in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in software quality assurance, experience in web-based technologies and testing, a background in software / web development, and meticulous attention to detail. Strong test case creation, black box testing, documentation, and communication skills are a must. Previous test automation experience is preferred, but on-the job training is available.
• Daily coordination of testing activities with the Software Development Manager and development team.
• Planning, creating, and documenting testing/test cases for projects.
• Reviewing test plans, test cases created by other QA resources to ensure coverage based on requirements.
• Identifying and communicating risk and risk mitigation strategies.
• Setting and meeting schedule estimates, timelines, and milestones.
• Managing stakeholder expectations.
• Executing black and white box tests on web-based products.
• Identifying issues and generating issue reports.
• Reproducing customer-reported issues.
• Assisting developers with issue analysis and debugging issues.
• Participates in production deployments, verifying patches and bug fixes in production environment.
• Completion a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or similar technology major from an accredited four-year university or equivalent experience.
• Experience testing websites, SAAS, or web-based technologies.
• Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
• Strong understanding of SDLC.
• Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
• Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
• Strong understanding of web-delivered applications.
• Experience creating test cases and testing documentation with or without requirements/specifications.
• Experience with T-SQL and relational databases.
• Familiarity with issue tracking tools (JIRA, Bugzilla, Assembla, etc.).
• Knowledgeable about popular web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, etc.).
• Familiarity with Windows and Mac OSX.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Visio) and Google Drive.
Preferred (Not Required):
• 1-2 years of software quality assurance experience.
• Experience with compatibility, security, recovery, code coverage, load, performance, or stress testing is a plus.
• Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Experience with keyword and data driven automation is a plus.
• Experience with source control (GIT, SVN, etc) is a plus.
• Experience with object-oriented software development/programming is a plus.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a casual work environment.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach
higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer